Have you heard? Our summer canvassing internship applications are now open!
Interested in politics? Like talking to people?
Own a more modern phone than I’m holding in this picture?
We’re looking for your help in Beaches-East York
Apply to join our 2017 Young Liberals Summer Canvassing Internship Team!
Here’s how it works:
- Interns will be canvassing during the week of May 22, 2017 until the week of August 28, 2017.
- You tell us when you’re available. We will add you to our schedule based on your availability.
- We canvass on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays for approximately 3 hours in the evening.
- We canvass most weekends approximately 4 hours, either Saturday or Sunday afternoons.
- A cash honorarium will be paid to interns selected for the paid summer internship program.
To join our volunteer mailing list, click here
- Applicants are encouraged to join an upcoming volunteer canvass.
- Our first volunteer canvass of the year will be on Saturday Aprill 22 (rain or shine).
- Applicants will be evaluated at our volunteer canvasses this Spring (April and May).
- You can also join us at the Beaches Lions Easter Parade on Easter Sunday April 16.
- You may also be asked to meet with our team for an interview.
- Volunteers will be notified by email with our upcoming Spring canvass schedule. Make sure you’re on our list.
Past participants have said:
“Students can engage with their community in a meaningful way.”
“I get to discuss issues that are important to me and my community, but I also get to learn about people who have other priorities and concerns.”
“This internship program is a great way to meet and collaborate with other people who are involved with the Liberal Party and Toronto politics.”
“Nate is alright, I guess.”